It is definitely one of the banes of a woman’s existence: having hair in the most unfortunate places.
There have been many different techniques for hair removal that have been developed throughout the years. There is the brutal plucking where you take single hair strands and then proceed to pull it out. OUCH! Another method is shaving, where you run the risk of nicking your skin and opening yourself to probable irritations. Of course, there are also waxing and epilators and other forms that can be considered torture means. The sad part of all of these methods, despite going through arduous pains and processes, you have to keep on doing it over and over every few weeks. The hairs can sprout out chunkier than ever, or the regrowth could be a very itchy process. It is really such a nightmare!
Then came laser hair removal. This revolutionary process makes use of pulses of laser light in order that the hair follicles will be destroyed. This particular procedure has garnered very polarized views. On the one hand, many sing its praises and is completely satisfied, but on the other hand, many are still adamant about trying out this procedure for varied reasons. When I visit my medical spa in St. Louis, most people there are for laser hair removal services.
If you want to find out if laser hair removal is the way to go for you in order to remove those pesky hairs, then read on. Here are some things that you will need to know so you can make an informed decision.
- This process can be done on different parts of the body. Since the machine used for this procedure can be adjusted, it can do targeted hair removal as well as cover larger areas. So, whether your concern is your bikini area, underarms, legs, or even your back, this procedure can surely cater to your needs. Best of all, since the machine can be adjusted depending on the area that needs to be covered, you do not have to spend long periods of time in order to complete a treatment session.
- The pain level is considerably low, and once the hair starts to thin out, there will be a noticeable decrease in the pain level, if there is any at all. You can always opt for a numbing agent.
- You have to go through a series of sessions in order to achieve the desired results.
- Opting to undergo this procedure can be a little tedious. Firstly, you have to forego plucking or waxing your hair for a period of 2 to 3 weeks prior to the laser treatment in order that the hair follicles are intact and, therefore, can be targeted. Next, once you start the treatment, you will be restricted from doing activities that will require prolonged exposure to the sun. This is because the skin will be a little sensitive to the UV and might become sensitive and become irritated.
- This does not offer a permanent solution to hair removal. Although the consistency of the hair that will regrow will be thinner, and the frequency of regrowth will be very slow.